Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blog Post #11

amazing



First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class

The first graders in Ms. Cassidy's class absolutely amazed me! I could not help but to sit back and smile at the wonderful site of this classroom full of young children engaged in learning. When I entered EDM 310 I was scared to death at the fact of not knowing how to create a blog. Not only do Ms. Cassidy's first graders know how to blog, the striving 7 and 8 year old's use wiki on a daily basis and also have the knowledge to create and load videos onto their blogs. As these little kids blogged, they were able to view comments their family and friends were making on their personal post which was very exciting to them! I loved the fact that one child made the point in the video that all their comments were made of only "nice things". It is so refreshing to know that Ms. Cassidy instills the quality of always having positive comments to her students at such a young age. I pray that I will be lucky enough to have a classroom with smart boards, computers, and video accessibility in order to successfully engage my children in learning. Just as most of the other videos in this class have done, Ms. Cassidy's video on her little kids with big potential has really opened my eyes to advantages of teaching with technology. Watching the video on Ms. Cassidy's classroom, I was able to see first hand many techniques I will hopefully be able to use with my students such as the smart board and blogging assignments. These children are learning techniques that most kids do not get the chance to learn until college, which in return enables Ms. Cassidy's class to advance in learning. If I had to guess, I would bet every student of Ms. Cassidy's have an outstanding IQ and are always inspired to learn new things. I have to say, this video has thus far been my favorite video to blog about all semester! Love to see young children engaged in learning as Ms. Cassidy's were throughout her technology filled classroom!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Cassidy's class also amazed me and her video opened my eyes to great teaching tools, I can use in my classroom. I also heard horror stories about blogging in EDM310. You soon realize after a week in this class, blogging is not so difficult. I agree 100% about positive reinforcement. When you harshly judge someones writing skills it can discourage them to the point of quitting, especially in children. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete